Frosting

waxman

I don't have a picture for you, but what it looks like is itty bitty snowflakes in patches on the candle. It isn't so desireable in soy container candles, but people work to get something similar to it in paraffin pillars, it is called mottling then.

I just happen to have one that is developing some frosting (it's 3 weeks old). Pink dye with Red Hot Cinnamon FO, NatureWax C-3.

These are extreme closeups - the frosting on the top is just now developing - you can see it just under the surface in the area of the square...

From the side, you can see the frosting developing clearly. The darker area is not a "wet spot" - it's one of the headaches of photographing glass...:rolleyes2

This candle does not look THIS bad in real life - the camera's eye is totally unforgiving! It even "saw" a scratch on the glass that I didn't see until I was resizing the photos... and I had a heckuva time finding it on the jar when I went and looked!

Anyway, there's your frosting pictures...:embarasse

post-2519-139458419365_thumb.jpg

post-2519-139458419367_thumb.jpg

I don't believe that beeswax will lend itself to frosting or mottle. I could be wrong, but when I used it, it was always solid in color.

You would be correct, I have had no frosting or mottle effect on any of the candles that I have made so far.

They do end up getting a 'bloom' on them after a while, but that is easily removed.