Wicking Soy/Veg blend wax?

I'm switching from J223 to a Soy/Veg blend. The one I'm trying right now and love is the Calsoy CB3. I tried it with Cinnamon Bun and it filled 2 rooms and no soot. I'm testing with the wicks I used before but larger. I double wick a 16 oz apothecary jar, using the 44z in the J223. I tried double 51z wicks in the Calsoy and they seem to be just a tad cool.

What wicks typically work best with the soy/veg blends?

Thanks!

VickiB in CA

With soy waxes you need a wick with high liquid flow characteristics. Some popular wicks that have these characteristics are CD, Cotton, Eco, HTP, LX, and RRD. I think choosing a wick is a personal decision based on how you think/want a wick to burn. In my observations, the wicks that people talk about the most here on the Veggie board are CD, LX, HTP and RRD. I would suggest getting sample packs of HTP, LX, and RRD wicks. This will give you an idea of the range of different wicks our there.

When you ask for help on wick sizes, you need to give some information to help us give suggestions. That information is what brand of wax, additives such as beeswax or paraffin, type/amount of FO (fragrance oil), and diameter of container opening. You should also include what type of wick you looking use if you have one in mind.

What size do you think I should begin testing with? Like I said, I double wick a 16 oz apothecary jar - the typical 4 inch wide one - and will be using the same jars now and also double wicking them. Can you tell me, are they rigid when you pour the wax so that you only have to straighten them by hand or do you have to clip them to get them to stand up in the hot wax?

I currently use the Wicks Unlimited zincs and absolutely love them because they are so rigid. I hate working with "floppy" or "boingy" wicks :)

Thanks again -

VickiB in CA