Heavy Body Cream

SmoothKitty

Hey everyone...

It's cold and snowy and I've been feeling like whipping up a batch of something new. I could swear I have seen somewhere in here a recipe for a really thick, heavy body cream, but I can't find it now. I've searched for "heavy" and "cream" but that's not doing me any good. If anyone has a good one, or can remember where I can find the one I'm looking for, I'll be sooooo grateful!

I seem to remember it was in a discussion about butters vs. creams. I think someone was trying to make body butter that was more like what you'd buy at B & B-Works, and someone else said it would be a heavy cream instead of butter, which is harder. Is this ringing any bells?

Anyway, I've been really enjoying the body butters I've been making...as have my female family members! I'd like to try something a little different, as well as maximum moisturization. Winter is SO hard on the skin!

You all stay warm!

:rolleyes2

If you want a cream verses a butter ...I have used Connie's Peppermint Foot cream listed on the MMS website as a thicker body cream and love it. I tweak it here and there and leave out peppermint for the body. It is super easy and feel so good. It is not greasy feeling but moisterizing

I like emulsified butters better than whipped. In my research, I read many times that skin needs water for moisturizing - the butters soften, but were still leaving my skin feeling dry. I started making em butter using the butter at 17-20% with no other oils. Some came out firmer than others, but my skin is doing better. I use hydrolized oats for moisture retention and silicones, as they cut greasiness and seem to form a barrier so the good stuff stays put. Not a chemist here, but it works great for me. I also use btms instead of e-wax and stearic. My new fav is golden shea from AK. I get that baby whipped up to marshmallow consistancy - at least for the winter.

• 1 month later...