label design

mcornwell

I can tell you to NOT use Label Factory Deluxe! I can't print an entire sheet of labels because, despite proper calibrations, only 1 or 2 lines will actually be on the labels. I'm doing mine line-by-line...frustrating & time-consuming! :(

I'm going to look into that Design Pro, as well. Thanks for the recommendation, diamondk. :smiley2:

I find Avery software easy enough to use and it is good for printing and such, however I would recommend designing your own labels in another piece of software and then importing them into the avery templates.

Paint.net is a great freeware image editor for those that want to go beyond the usual templated versions that Avery supplies. It has an interface similar to MS Paint, but lets insert layers and gives you tools to manipulate your label to your exact specifications. http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Create your label in Paint.net, then import it into your avery label template and you have a completely unique, customized label.

I find that Paint.net has a lot of the function that paintshop pro and photoshop elements have, without the $100.00 price tag... but you will need to go into your add/remove programs to see if you have Microsoft .net framework 2.0 to make sure it is installed. If not, paint.net has an option to download the 2 together.

I find Avery software easy enough to use and it is good for printing and such, however I would recommend designing your own labels in another piece of software and then importing them into the avery templates.

Paint.net is a great freeware image editor for those that want to go beyond the usual templated versions that Avery supplies. It has an interface similar to MS Paint, but lets insert layers and gives you tools to manipulate your label to your exact specifications. http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Create your label in Paint.net, then import it into your avery label template and you have a completely unique, customized label.

I find that Paint.net has a lot of the function that paintshop pro and photoshop elements have, without the $100.00 price tag... but you will need to go into your add/remove programs to see if you have Microsoft .net framework 2.0 to make sure it is installed. If not, paint.net has an option to download the 2 together.

I have Paint Net but have no clues where to begin with it. Do you know of a good tutorial for this soft ware?

This software is fairly easy to use if you have played around with MS paint, but as you get into doing the more advanced things, the learning curve can get bigger and bigger.

http://paintdotnet.12.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=15

This is the tutorial section for the software. Try not to approach this software thinking that you want to learn all the functions first, rather try to find what you want to do with it, and then search through the tutorials to find the one that does what your looking for. The instructions are fairly straight forward and there is a forum to ask questions in case the tutorials are of no help.

I can tell you to NOT use Label Factory Deluxe! I can't print an entire sheet of labels because, despite proper calibrations, only 1 or 2 lines will actually be on the labels. I'm doing mine line-by-line...frustrating & time-consuming! :(

I'm going to look into that Design Pro, as well. Thanks for the recommendation, diamondk. :smiley2:

Yep, label factory sucks. I switched to printmaster 16