COLORED Lip Balms

Brenda (OH)

If you're planning on selling the tinted lip balms, you wouldn't be able to use lipstick as coloring. If it's for yourself, and want to play with it, go for it. However, to get enough that it will tint your lips, you'll most likely need to use a fair amount of the lip stick to color it. At that point, you may as well just use the lip stick :wink2:. But then to get any different colorant to tint your lips, you're going to need to use a fair amount. I know....it's been my latest experiment for my wholesale contract.

Also, with MMS's colorants....yes, they work well, but I've found them difficult to work with in the sense of being able to re-create a specific color. There's no easy way to dispense and measure, not without making LARGE batches. So I ended up going different routes. The powders at TKB are my next experiment. I've got one tinted lip balm to my wholesaler for testing, but I want to offer some different options.

Keep trying new things, keep meticulous notes, and you'll get there. And have fun with it! I am!