Upland Mold and Cutter

Carriegsxr6

I am totally joansing for an Upland 12 bar mold, and think I will take the plunge with my tax return. The recomended cutter from For Crafts Sake is looking very tempting as well, but the price is giving me the chills.

Is there anyone out there that has both and can give me that extra push to say both are worth it? Am I really going to fall in love with the cutter as much as I will with the mold?

Well, I will say that IMO you will not be disappointed with the cutter. It's fabulous! I love mine! I wouldn't trade it for anything else! (well, maybe a million dollars, but then I would just turn around and buy another one!! LOL)

I can't speak to the upland mold though. I had one a while back (have traded it since and don't have it anymore) and I think I am the only person in the whole soap-making world that could care less about upland molds!! lol I mean yeah, it was an alright mold but to me at least, it wasn't the end all be all mold it's hyped up to be.

Just my .02. :)

Not an Upland fan, almost every person I know that had one sold it.

It makes a huge bar of soap. But no lining is a good thing. It is all about preference. If you don't mind lining a mold, save your money.

I cannot say ENOUGH about a FCS cutter! They are the BOMB!

You will not be sorry with this cutter. It is well made, and worth every penny.

I love mine- and I cannot imagine soaping without one. :yay:

Are you talking about the grid cutter?

I have this one, the Hobby Quick Cutter. LOVE it! :grin2:

That's the exact one I have and was referring to, the Hobby Quick Cutter. :) Yep, gotta agree, I LOVE mine!! LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

ETA, that one probably works about the same, and is probably made with the same durability. I just happen to not like uplands. I do have the Misty Creek mold and the honkin knife that came with it, and I do like that for cutting my slabs.

The Hobby Quick Cutter is for a log of soap, but I LOVE it!!!

would you mind selling me your slab then?? :wink2:

It's the 12 bar with the cut lines.

Right now, it sits at my mountain house in case I find the urge to soap when I'm there and didn't bring a Kelsei with me...however...there are 2 people on another forum that have asked to buy it also should I decide to sell it. If that happens, and they no longer want it, I'll check with you. I know that doesn't fill your present need...but for the $60 and change they are worth it. I wouldn't buy the liner with the cut lines if I had it to do over though.