Gravel and metal in Gel??????

citygrl707

I want to make a candle with gravel at the bottom and i am going to use a metal dragon. Do i need to put a stopper on the wick because of the gravel? Or it that just for sand? I have been doing alot of research and found that i can use glass and metal as embeds. What do you think????

You may want to look at a jewelry supply website for small glass beads. I know my husband uses glass beads for some of his fishing lures because they make a clanking sound under the water to attract the fish.

He found some at JoAnn fabrics last summer.

Vicky, please dont laugh at my stupidity, but I dont know what you mean by crimping the wick? Is there a tool that crimps it? So,can you crimp it at any spot between the wick tap and the top of the wick and it will it completely extinguish the flame once it reaches it??? Confused!

City actually I use jewelry crimps http://www.rusticescentuals.com/wicks2.html

scroll to the bottom.

Harley crimping is placing a small metal crimp or glass bead on the wick to stop the flame I prefer the metal ones so I can squeeze the metal around the wick.

Ohh a small metal crimp!! now i get it! I thought you meant you just the wick itself! Thanks!