Testing new fragrances in candles

sugarysweet95

Hi everyone, hope you can help me out. I've gone a bit crazy lately and bought loads of new FOs!!!

Anyway i basically want to test the FOs and see how i like them and how strong they are and whether to buy in larger quantities, rather than wcking etc for selling. I want to try to test how much i like them quickly, so i can start testing etc for selling and buy more of a few!!!

So was wandering how you all test out new fragrances in paraffin candles - i thought about making a couple of votives but not sure if i should expect a strong throw from a single votive! Also do you start in general with the 1oz / pound of FO?

Thanks

Ok thanks. Also wandering if you burn one of the candles at once? Or say burn several at a time?

What sort of cold/ hot throw do you look for?

Also do you let your candles cure for a bit before you burn them?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to decide how i should test the FOs and then get on and test them!!!!

Every candle I burn sits at least 24 hours, often 48 hours, before I do anything so the wax and FO can better combine, flourish, become one etc.

I look for the candle to throw. It's hard to tell you what my expectations are. I want a candle that smells true to the FO when it's cold and I want it to smell as well or better when burning. I don't want it to be non-existent or smell like fuel or something worse.