LX vs Flatbraid for Pillars?

Hi, i hope someone can help me! I've been testing some more complex shaped pillars, like a very fat based pyramid and a 3D type pentagon shape. I've tried to use the size wick for the centre bit of the pillar.

Anyway i've tried a range of LX wicks above and below the stated wick, but i've not had very good results. I've had smoking wicks but a small melt pool causing a hollow. I've also had bad mushrooming on some of them too. I use LX wicks for my other pillars and found them to be very good for those.

Anyway i was just wandering if people find that flatbraid wick is better than LX? Or is flat braid not as good as LX wick? Is there any other wicks i could try?

Anyway what sort of wick do people use in pillars, it's just straight paraffin i'm using.

Thanks in advance.

I guess I am in the same boat. FB as seem to work for me from the beginning "in pillars" Not much luck so far w/ LX. So I will leave well enough alone. Maybe LOL:laugh2:

I've been using flat braid in my pillars for a few years now and works awesome. I have just started trying lx wicks and not having any luck so far...I guess if something already works you should leave it alone...lol.

I have to say, I love my LX wicks in my pillars. They work awesome in my wax, no flickering, (which happens in flat braided for me) or smoking. LX burns so even and smooth!! If that makes sense!! Love em!! I use 4625 for pillars.

Julie:grin2:

Hmmm, my wicks are being very strange. When i first set the wick alight, this shaped candle smokes a lot, so after a while (when it's still smoking) i blow the candle out, trim the wick and re-light it straight away.

Then it burns fine til the next time i use it!!!! It's very strange because i of course trim the wick each time before i re-light it.

Maybe all this cold weather is throwing it out? Or does anyone understand what the problem may be?