Recipe for fish in a bag soap

successfulscents

There is no recipe per say. Just use clear soap and get some bags and plastic fish. It just takes practice to get your technique down. KY sells the stuff you will need and you should be able to find directions for how to dmake them although it is pretty explanatory once you have all the stuff you need.

I'm headed to ebay! LMBO

I bought some melt and pour type soup at Michael's yesterday and 1 package of the little color dye things, and a package of scent too.

I'am going to see if the kids have any little fish laying around and make this my 1st go at making things!

Wish me luck!

I hope this is what you are looking for. Found it at http://www.soapmakersupplies.com/soapmaking/SoapRecipes_Home.html#Foaming

Soap in a Bag

clear.gif

Ingredients:

Bullet_Blue.gifClear polypropylene bags

Bullet_Blue.gif Curling ribbon

Bullet_Blue.gifTranslucent soap base

Bullet_Blue.gifFragrance Oil or Essential Oil (Choose type and amount you like)

Bullet_Blue.gif Rubber or plastic fish, duck, alligator, etc.

clear.gif

Instructions:

Open and stand bag upright in a cup or bowl. Melt the soap in the microwave, making sure it doesn't boil. Add fragrance once soap is melted. Pour a small amount of soap in the bottom of the bag. Place the plastic fish (or other animal) inside the plastic bag on top of the soap, so that it stands upright. Cover the fish with more melted soap. If using two fish, allow soap to form a film that will hold the weight of the fish. Place second fish in bag and cover with soap. When soap is cool, gather bag at top and tie with curing ribbon.

I made these a couple years ago and this is how I made mine.

I started with clear m&p soap and tinted it with green and/or blue colorants, not very much but just a tint. I poured about an inch and half or so into the bag and then spritzed with alcohol and hung them up to set a little. I used big chip clips and had one clipped on each side of the bag to make sure it stayed open and in the bar form I wanted. Once set a little I placed the fish in the soap sort of breaking the skin on the soap layer, then spritzed with alcohol again and poured the next layer of soap and hung to cool. Here is a pic of the ones I made. I wanted them to be in bar shape since little kids were going to be using them to wash with. I tried the big glob type of fish soap and they were just like holding big rocks.

I also recently found that a store where I live that sells teacher supplies also sells the same type of fish. I ordered mine from KY.

fishysoap3.jpg