Does anyone use this :QuickBooks Premier Manufacturing & Wholesale

Brooke

Don't know to much about the detail, but I do know it is a very user friendly accounting programme for non-accountant types. The only thing that is a bit of a problem in a business environment where you have people invoicing for you is that you can delete and edit invoices easily without having to pass a debit or credit or journal like you have to with accounting packages like Pastel etc. This is a problem from a fraud point of view, but if you are the only one using it - I would say at least try a demo or trial version and see.

HTH, Katinka:grin2:

I have the 2005 version. It is a PITA setting it up but I find it’s helpful when you are on the phone with a customer. I can pull it up and know what I have as finished goods instead of walking around looking through the shelves or my work area. My husband helps out and when he is talking to a customer he can go in and see what we have too instead of always asking me. lol Once you finalize your testing and enter the materials in the build section, you can refer back to it when you are ready to make your product. I can’t tell you how many times I couldn’t find my notes and the program saved me hours hunting around for the darn thing.

I do not recommend spending the money for this if you do not have the time to set it up properly and maintain it. I’ve been known to slack off and at the end of the year scramble to enter the receipts and builds in for a good report. There are easier programs out there (and cheaper) that others may post for you. I set up and train people on QB and had to buy this to learn how it works. What better way then putting your own info into it!

If you have specific questions I’ll be more than happy to answer them if I can.

Katinka is right about deleting in QB. I would not recommend this program for anyone who is not going to be hands on with the program. There are safeguards that you can use but I had a client that never went in it and his bookkeeper ripped him off for over $60k by printing out checks in her name, forged his signature, and changed the payee to one of his vendors. After finding out how much she took over a 5 month period I showed him how easy it is to change things. The fact that you can go into QB to delete entries instead of making reversing entries is what makes QB so user friendly. Unfortunately, in the right hands it could cost the company tons of money.

Thanks for your advice !!

This was the first time I had seen the Manufacturing/ from Quickbooks The link below is less cost

http://www.craftingsoftware.com/candle-making.htm

We have talked about this before on the board.

I was just comparing to see what else you get from the Quickbooks for future use verses this crafter's software. But is sounds like the Crafters Software would be less of a hassle.

Craft Business is very similar to QB at a better price. The only difference that I can see is QB comes with a payroll module. There may be other features but looking at the website it looks like a real nice program.

The accountant that I work with has QB on her computer and I email her the clients data file for year end. Maybe your accountant can get their hands on a copy of Craft Business if you decide to go this route so that at the end of the year you can send your data to him/her if you don't do it yourself.