question on making hurricans

I am going to make a hurrican for a babyshower, and i was wondering if anyone knows if it will make a difference when i make it if i tape the edges of the paper together so it go all the way around the shell. I have a design i want to use, and would like it to go all the way around, but not sure if that is possible because of the tape or if i should just use one piece so it is just on one side not all the way around.

I think the bigger the photo the harder it would be to get it right. You'd have to work really fast to go all the way around the mold. To get it all to adhere good. I make canes, but never tried one with a pic all the way around. But I'm no expert either, by far. Still learning! Let us know if you try it.

Well, my first experiment didnt turn out to well. I am not sure its going to work, but i am trying to use soy, so i dont know if its a good idea to use soy or not. The wax broke when i tried to take it out of the mold. Not sure if its the type of wax, or just got in to big of a hurry. I am going to try again in the morning, will let you know.

I am not an expert either. I do alot of soy but would not use it for hurricanes. It is to soft and the cane would have to be very thick.I dont think soy would be opaque enough?? I just did two pics in one cane. Finally after the 4th attempt it turned out. I used paraffin, and worked fast. The thing I just learned was only go over the spot once with the ice or cool cloth.Make sure your picture is adhered good before going on.And start at the bottom of the picture. I hope this helps. I think you could do the wrap pic if you move quick and make sure its adhered.Let us know:smiley2: