Need Forever Candle Tutorial!

Arenh

Hi,

i've been searching of ways to making a forever candle on the site and found that someone was going to make a tutorial for them. I and even others on the site would really appreciated it if someone actually did. It would be very beneficial for the newbies and help me out a whole lot.

Thanks

Very sorry I have gotten around to posting the pictures of the forever candles that I told you the wife and I do. We opened our candle shop two weeks ago and we have been swamped with work. Until I get time to take the pictures and figure out how to post them on here I'll try and quickly tell you how we do our forever candles.

I use a 9" or 11" glass pie pan..usually pyrex.

I sit either one or two glass votive candles in the pie pan.

I then design a scene around the votive candles.

I've done sea side scenes. Snow scenes. Seashore with a lighthouse. I'm a big florida gator fan...so I did a swamp scene with grass and bushes and of course a gator.

Once your scene is done and your gel is poured over and around everything in the scene...let the gel cool.

You can then either pull out the votive glasses and put in other votives that are filled and finished with gel...or put the empty glass votive back in and your customer can drop in wax or soy votive candles in them..whatever type candle they prefer.

If you just hold your fingers on the gel beside the votive candle and pull on the glass votive steadly and gently the glass votive will pull right out.

We offer to our customers ...if they return the empty votives to us ..we give them a discount on the replacement votives for in their forever candles.

Hope this made sense to you how to make the forever candles. The great part is...the scenes you can make are endless.

Good Luck

Bill

Jacksonville Fla

i love the forever candles, i wonder if you can add a picture to the gel and not have to worry about it starting a fire because the candle that will be burning is inside a glass. I was thinking i have seen some pictures on a web site but i forgot where. I think it would be really neat to add pictures to my candles but for me safety comes first.

citygirl,

when i make my forever wedding candles, i print the wedding invitation on a transparency sheet and then laminate it. my outer glass is a cylinder and i put hot gel in the bottom of the cylinder and roll the glass back and forth so that gel comes up the side of the cylinder. i then push the wedding invitation into that gel, so that it is close to the side of the outer glass. i then do a much cooler pour up to about 1/2" above where the bottom of the inner glass container will come. i push the inner glass container (wicked) in and the gel comes up around the side of it. i then pour the inner candle, and decorate the outside of it. i figure that the various layers of gel/glass act as insulation.

if you go to www.picturetrail.com/candleheart48 - the wedding album, perhaps that description will make more sense.

sorry to subject you to the whole site, but i cannot figure out how to post individuals pictures from there.

cheryl`

• 2 weeks later...