Help! Wicking 16 oz Apothecary Jar...

I use this jar with KY puresoy. To me it sounds like you have a bad batch of wax. I don't use anything larger than double 93's to wick this jar. Some of my FO's take HTP73, most take HTP83 and some HTP93. But I have never had to double wick this jar with anything larger than that. I have not been able to single wick this jar successfully with HTP wicks. I had an issue with a box of wax one time (Cargill C3), that no matter what wick, FO, or color I used, it would drown out. I tried taking out the dye first, then the FO, and poured it plain, tried several different wick combos, and still the same issue. Heated and poured it exactly as I was instructed to. I worked with this wax for a month, thinking it was something I was doing wrong. I then ordered a box of KY Puresoy and wicked it perfectly, right off the bat. So I chalked the experience up as it just being a bad batch of wax. And what you describe sure sounds like it. Before giving up on it though, I would try taking out the FO and the dye first and any additives and pour it again.

Rusty-

I tend to agree with Kaybee. I use Plain 415 and I have had a heck of a time wicking lately. I am trying to wick Elevation Jars (which are similar to Apothecary Jars), and I am having the same issue of them getting halfway and below and they start to drown. :mad: I was using another type of jar before and am in the process of changing to these jars. It didn't hit me until I saw Kaybee's last post. Because I've never had so many problems. ;)

It's hard to read the batch date on my box because it's printed over stuff already printed on the box...but it looks like it's 6-15-05. Thankfully I'm on my last box.

Wish there was a solution, because it sure seems lately that there are a lot of inconsistencies from batch to batch of this product. :shocked2:

Stacy