Do certain waxes cause mushrooming?

I know the wrong wick and too much FO will cause mushrooming. My question is...in your testing, have you found the certain waxes are more prone to creating a wick mushroom?

I am testing multiple waxes...and tweaking with BS and PM...to get the perfect melt pool, and no soot. Differing FO loads...never over 8%...and in some I can't stop the mushrooming! :confused:

Millenium blend is one. I've tried HTP's, CD's, and LX's. I still have some hemp to test, and I might have an RRD or two somewhere. I have some zinc and low smoke zinc...but I'm trying to stay away from zinc cored.

Is this wax just prone to mushrooming the wick?

I don't worry about shrooms to much either.

I always seem to get a shroom on the first few burns with soy...

Moon Shadow.. Your website is very nice. :grin2:

Love the Adopt a cat rescue!! What a great cause. The video touched my heart. My son came in when he heard the music to it. Very Catchy tune..

He said "What a cool video" he wants to adopt Geoffrey Cat!!!:highfive:

Thanks for the kind words about the site, Island Girl. Geoffrey's Cat, named after the 19th century naturalist, Geoffrey St Hilaire, is found throughout southern South America, east of the Andes. They really are beautiful...the markings are like a cross between a leopard and a domestic tiger cat. They are hunted for their fur :( and the species is threatened.

I just "harvest" the little beasty 'shrooms off my wick with the crook of my wick dipper. I do this while the wick is lit. Occasionally one of the little boogers drops into my melt pool and I have to fish it out, but I'm getting pretty good at dropless harvesting. lol

I don't worry about them either. Where there's burning, carbon happens. :rolleyes2