recipe help

lbtddr

i thought this was a balm but was going to try it this week end strearic acid, glycerin, Castor oil and herbs and eo there is no water no bees wax or emulsifying wax just thought of this a while ago. someone was wonting me to make this for them. sounded like a lotion the way they talked. the only way i see doing this is to use bees wax instead of strearic but them it would be a balm. does any one see how just these items together would make any thing.

As the recipe now stands, it's never going to hold together. You can't mix water (or water based - glycerin) with oils without an emulsifier. It's just a scientific fact of life. Two options really.

1 - add an emulsifier and a preservative, and you'll have a cream

2 - cut the glycerin, swap the stearic for beeswax like you said, and you've got a balm. Although with castor as the oil, it will be a sticky and heavy balm.

Holler if you need more help!

i thought this was a balm but was going to try it this week end strearic acid, glycerin, Castor oil and herbs and eo there is no water no bees wax or emulsifying wax just thought of this a while ago. someone was wonting me to make this for them. sounded like a lotion the way they talked. the only way i see doing this is to use bees wax instead of strearic but them it would be a balm. does any one see how just these items together would make any thing.

I'm having difficulty understanding your post.

You want to make a balm of some sort containing stearic acid, glycerin, castor oil, herbs and EO (without any water, beeswax or e-wax) - correct?

Without water it wouldn't be a lotion.

The rest I don't understand enough to address.