Wooden Rose Craft Show Question

luckylady

Ok, was looking into a craft show in June and wanted to get my mom into the wooden roses.. She arranges flowers so nicely, thought this would be a perfect venture for her... however.. was wondering do any of you foresee a problem with your picky craft shows question the handmade part?? or do you think since shes arranging, scenting etc it will fly??

I questioned wooden rose and they are imported... what are your thoughts or what would you say to picky show coordinators??

Thanks for your help!

Tracy

I think that if you put them out there the way they come in the box , yes they would have a problem with it, But if they dont have a problem with silk flowers and such. And you are scenting them then I wouldnt think they would, Maybe janet would jump in here , she had a similar situation with hers.

HTH

Paula

Some of the shows I vend at, that do allow the wooden roses. Their requirments are on the import goods, such as wreaths, wood, etc, at least 50% of the item you sell,, must be hand embelished... If your arranging them.. and scenting them as well... I think it would qualify for most of the craft shows.

There are some shows that don't allow the import stuff at all,, even if it's hand embelished... but those are usually very heavily juried shows, 90% handcrafted...where they're looking more for pottery, sculptures, paintings etc.

HTH's

*S*