Deep Purple in CP?

Kymber

How do you guys get a deep darker purple in CP soap? I have some purple oxides....but they are lavender lilac type. So that wouldn't really be purple..LOL Anyway looking for a way to get more of a darker purple color. Mix reds and blues??

I use ultramarine violet and can get any where from a very light lavender color to a deep deep dark purple depending on how much I use per batch.

I was purchasing my "oxides" and "ultramarines" from one supplier until recently and have noticed that the colors differ from supplier to supplier.

Blue food color will give it to you. Depending on how much you use you will get a range from pink to deep purple.

What you see when you add it to traced soap will not be what you end up with. If you have a deep blue, it should morph to deep purple after gel.

Dragon Lily's liquid colors give a nice deep purple. I prefer that or blue food coloring. I have to use a TON of UM violet to get a deep purple (relative to how much I normally use of oxides and clays). I hate that, so I prefer the liquid stuff for purple.

Edited to add: As was mentioned above, you have to wait for blue food color to morph, so be patient. It will turn some butt-ugly funky colors in the interim. LOL Just keep good notes about how much you use so you can repeat or adjust.

Thanks everyone! I will try the blue food coloring and see what I can get......and also order the grape from MMS next time I order. Just got an order from them last week...didn't even see the grape when I was looking at the colors.