Daystar-What a Nose!

:drool: To all you Daystar fans out there, I am understanding the raves about Stacy's nose. Without a doubt, she has a good nose and makes some good choices.

I like the Ambra de Nepal for a few applications.....It is excellent as a wearable fragrance. (ask me how I know)...and I have had fun using it as a blend with just a touch of patchouli and sandalwood essential oils. I am an amber addict, so I found this one to be excellent.So did the lady standing next to me at the bank a few days ago. She actually wanted me to write it down for her. Yea, like THAT is going to happen!

I am burning Quince as we speak. I put it in 30/70 three days ago...again, it is the sandalwood and amber base that pulls me in and warms me up.

I have also tried and like Tres Magnifique, Tea for two, Couer de Vahine, Nomad Tea, and Sampaquita.

Tomorrow I am pouring Petit Choux and Frozen Green Tea Soufflés.

The scent snob that I am, a good throw is just not enough anymore. it HAS to be "different". No Monkey Farts for this guy.

Well done Stacy. I checked out the new fragrance descriptions.:shocked2:

Every single one sounds really interesting and enticing!!:drool:

Do you find that you use less of these oils in candles? I looked at her premium oils before and wanted to try them in candles. Since they are pricier I was wondering if you use less and if they had a good throw. I like a really strong throw(doesn't everyone) and couldn't find any threads on the premium oils. Thank you!

I drool over her website often, but have yet to buy...... My question is how can you afford to put some of these oils in wax? To me anything over $18 is pricey. I do tons of wholesale, and our candles are priced about the same as yankme, but at wholesale prices I'd sure take a hit if I was using these in my candles9there goes my profit!!). I would assume some of the pricier oils would only be for B & B or perfume only....

So how do you do it? Our prices have to be across the board..... can't have the same size selling at different price points...

Well, of course I understand that, just can't be changing our prices everytime we introduce a new scent. Accounts don't like price increases.... very small bumps a couple times a year, more than that you start losing business.

If only do business primarily through an internet site, it's no problem. But if you do business primarily through wholesale it is problematic.

Whatever works for you stick with it. I have always used the pricier oils so it's not a problem for me since my margin was figured out with this in mind. Everyone is different. I've also found I can use less of a better product in applications so it's all good and it works out in the end.

Oh, and M, you have to try the Creed dupe she has. It's fab too.

That's why I was wonderfing if you can get away with less on these oils. For instance. I have a couple of WYW oils in my line. They cost more but I only have use to use 1/2 as much to get a kick butt throw. I didn't think it was possible at first but when I did cut back like everyone said, I got a better burn and a killer throw. On my Green Leaf's Maduro, it costs more but I use less. Not half but less so it comes out the same. So, since these are pricier, I'm wondering if these are similar to WYW oils and require less such as half as in the WYW oils or somewhat less as in the Green Leaf or if you don't cut back at all. Thanks everyone!!

Been a fan of the House of Creed for awhile. I wear the GIT, Tabarome, Green Valley and Royal Water (which I find to be kinda "Unisexy"---I know it was forulated for Lady Di....but there are many men on my fragrance board that wear it as well...HUGE debate about Royal Water:rolleyes2 )

Snd...no, I do not find that I can use less for a strong throw...unless of course I am pouring a fragrance that is just naturally stronger in all lines. ie..Typically fruits throw "stronger" than others etc.

I have done pretty much what Grumpy has done. From the beginning I figured a higher price point on my fragrance oils to allow for more complex fragrances. Even with the manufacturers I am paying $18.00+ a LB, BUT, it is my choice as I have had them formulate very "strong" oils for me....and with those oils I can use less. It seems odd, I know, but when you go to the manufacturers, they pretty much ask you what you want to pay and go from there. At first I was leary about this but am more comfortable with it now that I understand how it all works. In any other industry, "How much do you want to pay" sounds WAY suspect! LOL