Serum Packaging ??

Luci

I've been working on a facial serum for a while, and I finally have something that I want to test. I've been using serums for 10-15 yrs, and most of them have come in glass bottles with droppersand are 1 oz.

For testing, I am uncertain of the size that I should use. Should it be at least 1 oz? Through searching, I've found several suppliers with the treatment bottles, but I wonder if those are just for samples and not large enough for testing.

Could someone who makes serums share your wisdom? :confused:

I've rarely seen a serum that's more than one ounce. They're intensive treatments, and a lot goes a long way. For testing you could probably even use little dram bottles or 1/2 oz bottles - that would be enough for anyone to test. Eventually if you want to use treatment bottles you'll need to test them, to make sure your formula is the right consistency for the pump..

The serum I have been using for the past few years is from Philosophy and is 1 oz. I don't think I have ever bought one larger than that. It has a dropper, and I do like to use a dropper for a serum. I'm not finding the dropper tops, though. Just the treatment pumps.

Part of my question is if 1/2 oz is an adequate amount for testing. I have several "over 50" friends that want to be testers, and I want to give them enough so that they can get a good enough information for feedback.

My 1 oz that I have been buying lasts me approx 2 mos. Am I off in thinking that each person should test for 2 mos?

Also, is there a supplier that has an appropriate container that doesn't have a huge minimum?

I use the little treatment pumps. They are white with a light aqua-green cap. They are sold at SW, RE, and a couple other places I'm forgetting right now. LOL Oh, Lotioncrafters! That's the other place. I think one of those places has a white lid instead of the pale greenish one.