Finally got it, I think!

mauimom

Well, folks. Yesterday must have been my day. I managed to make 24 perfectly burning, purfectly scented, perfectly colored French Vanilla voltives...:yay: ..AND the most beautiful Oatmeal & Honey (CP) Soap. La..de..da! :whoohoo: I have been trying for weeks. Now my friends in my mountain community can finally get their Christmas presents! santa wink Thanks for all your help. By George, I think I've got it!

Yea. I realize that I spelled votive wrong. Duh! Maybe that is why I had so much trouble. D'ya think? Anyway, I can't see posting pictures. No swirls, no fancy stuff, just good soap. 16 oz. lard, 9 oz. olive oil, 2 oz. sunflower oil, 1/2 cup pulverized oatmeal at trace along with 1 1/2 Tablespoon of fresh honey. I used the MMS directions for lye and water. Smells so good....even with no scent. I am so happy!! You have no idea. :)

Yea. I realize that I spelled votive wrong. Duh! Maybe that is why I had so much trouble. D'ya think? Anyway, I can't see posting pictures. No swirls, no fancy stuff, just good soap. 16 oz. lard, 9 oz. olive oil, 2 oz. sunflower oil, 1/2 cup pulverized oatmeal at trace along with 1 1/2 Tablespoon of fresh honey. I used the MMS directions for lye and water. Smells so good....even with no scent. I am so happy!! You have no idea. :)

Woops!! I forgot 4 oz of Coconut Oil. Oh my!

Mauimom, my hubby asked me to make cinnamon & oatmeal soap. If I followed your recipe, how much cinnamon could I add? Thanks!

You know I almost added the cinnamon too. But I decided this first time to just go with the honey. But, I think for that size batch no more than 1/2 tsp. Because it would affect the color. And, right now, with the sunflower oil, the color is a beautiful cream/tan/light yellow. I like it, anyway. I was so happy that the oatmeal is well distributed throughout the mold. That would give me hope for the cinnamon, I think.