Wholesale contract help needed

cleanglow

I'm trying to find some type of guide to make up a contract for wholesaling but can't seem to find anything. I did a search but that didn't help much either. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I already have a brochure with retail pricing on it, I figured I'd use the same one but change the info for wholesale. I just don't know where to begin.

Help please! :confused:

• 5 weeks later...

I personally view wholesale as just another type of sale. The exceptions in the over all quantity minimum, and individual lot minimums. But I don't require a contract for them to buy. I keep in place the same policies I do for my retail clients. In my opinion, what they do with their product after they buy it, that's totally up to them. Obviously, they should be marking it up, and reselling it, but I don't try to dictate prices or anything like that. I actually encourage them to sell it for whatever their market will bear. But if they decide to hand out my soaps to homeless people in an attempt to make the world a better smelling place :P I won't begrudge them that either. I'm still selling my product, which is what I want to do.

I do, however, make sure they're a legitimate business. I get their tax id number and verify it, and I also request a copy of their tax id. No one has complained about that request.

IMO, as long as you clearly have your wholesale policies stated either on your site, or in an e-mail that you send them (I do both), then there really is no need for a contract.

My wholesale policies include:

Purchase Minimums: I require $200 to start and $100 for re-orders.

Lot minimums: 4 per scent per product. I'm probably going to raise this to 6 though.

Lead Time: I give myself 1-2 weeks to fill the order before shipping, with a note that larger orders or orders placed at busy times of year may take longer, and an estimated delivery date will be established at the time of the order.

Shipping & Insurance: We charge separately for shipping to ensure that we charge exact shipping. That way we don't have to worry about under or over charging. We also will insure for the full wholesale price of the order, and it's mandatory.

I've included a few other things that are exclusive to our company, but this information covers a lot of the basics. If you have any questions, just holler!