Cold soy and frosting

I made two beautiful candles last night and i brought them out to my car to work. Its like i dont know maybe 15-25 degrees here and when i got to work my candles look like they had been in the cold. Is there any way to stop this or fix it once its happened? And one more thing i am out of stick ums for my wicks i tried to use a hot glue gun didnt seem to work anyone with suggestions how to keep the wick to stay, thank you

I've noticed that hot or cold temps will cause soy to do funky things. Warm seems to be the best temp. for soy...lol

I did notice that you said it was 15-25 degrees out and you said your candles looked like they had been in the cold...ummm......15-25 degrees IS cold so they HAD been in the cold!!!

I had the same problem once. I was trying to meet up with a friend to give her a couple candles I made for her, we didn't meet up that night but I left them in the garage by accident. I found them the next morning, they were awful with wet spots. I was so angry with myself, I just put them in the dining room and walked away. I checked on them the next day and most of the wet spots were gone:yay: :yay: Needless to say, it was another 3 weeks before I gave her candles, which smelled great because of extra curing, and there were no wet spots after that time.

you said your candles looked like they had been in the cold...ummm......15-25 degrees IS cold so they HAD been in the cold!!!

:laugh2:

I think soy likes to be kept warm during the entire cure time.

I have been pouring in containers that are warm, trying to keep a temp of at least 70. Makes a beautiful candle with no frosting, but once I light them...all goes out the window.

Makes you wonder why we keep on going with the soy, huh? I suppose it's like a husband, you know you love him but he can drive you nuts without even trying, sometimes just breathing!

lmao....I think you just found my new slogan...:laugh2:

"Soy wax is like a husband. It's a PITA but once you're in love you can't leave it behind."