I know this is a long shot

hey candle makin mama, i work for walmart,:sad2: i will snoop around and see what i can find out.:shocked2: all i do know right now is bentonville(home office)has buyers that go out and buy all kind of junk and then HO forces it out to stores. plush we do need,but they usually over buy.:( .so in turn what doesnt sell on vday gets reduced to 1/2 or less either late vday, or early next morning(might want to check)

but i bet all the tags say made in china:mad: but i will see what some of the boxes say...manufacturer..etc...

Kelly

I could be wrong, and a Walmart employee will know more about this than I do, but if Walmart is getting them from China, they are probably ordering quantities by the hundreds of thousands. I believe that most items purchased directly and shipped from China with no middle man involved, require ordering by the thousands and some companies require a committment of so many $$$ per year. Maybe we all need to start a coop to start ordering from China. LOL. Of course, there might be someone on the board who has inside info that I don't.

cissy is just about right imo. you think about all the walmarts in the us of a, and then think about all the vdays plushes at each of the walmarts,,,thousands and thousands...

sorry i have not been able to find out anything from anybody..know one knows anything except they get forced out to us..:laugh2:

I am not doing the plush thing for Valentine's Day from Wal Mart but got other ideas with their selection.I am starting to shop Dollar Tree and they have some nice plush but guess what??? they are making up some baskets with their plush animals and more.NO candles but other things.IN fact my baskets are from there.Same ones they are using.I have handmade things though and sure cannot sell them for $4.50 like some of their baskets are selling for.I really like the Dollar Tree.The sales person told me to go on-line and tell them I would like for a store to come closer to me.She agrees we need one because she lives about 8 miles from me and the store where she works is 25 miles.If my area can survive 2 Dollar Generals then we should be able to add a Dollar Tree even if it is a rural area. Hope we find out where Wal Mart gets plush but like someone said maybe mass buying.That is my guess too.LynnS