Packaging Votives....?

Gretchen

Just started doing votives; had i known they were so easy; geez! Anyway, correct me if I'm way off base but it seems my costs per votive is about 25.5 cents without any packaging. Sound about right? Wax, wick, & FO. I've been trying to figure out the packaging. I thought maybe a 'box-top' type of bottom with four votives (square) and then shrink wrapped; that's one idea but I can't find that box bottom thing. I saw the clear box with a top from Sunshine but they're like 50 some cents each; isn't that kind of steep to package these in? What would be the appropriate wholesale price for a four pack? I have to keep in mind the ending retail price. i want these to sell not sit! Advice?

Gretchen

Did you add in cost for dye? Did you also factor in cost for shipping (assuming you get your supplies shipped in)?

Everyone's going to have a different answer as to their wholesale price, but you need to figure out your total cost (with packaging) x 4 (for 4 votives). Then double that figure....I think others may even triple it, not positive.

Don't know if this helps or not, but I was getting 6 pack boxes from earlyamericancandlesupplies.com (I actually am close enough that I just drive up and browse). And of course, when I looked at the website, they are sold out of the 6 pack boxes. You could always look and see if you like them and contact to see when reshipment is...

But I also found that they have 12 pack clear "trays", which are kind of cupcake holder looking, but they are $60/100 trays, which works out to $0.60 each, or $0.05 for each votive. Don't know if going for 12 per package would help at all, or even if the 6 (when they get them back), but some options???

HTH

Joe

P.S. John and Scott at Early American are amazing to work with! Am sure they will do what they can to help you out.

Guest EMercier

I had the same problem. I dont' do votives, but I wanted to package four 1 oz tins and shrink wrap. I wanted the box bottom, but can't find that. I then went to try to find cardboard inserts, but they are expensive, so this weekend I cut a piece of carboard from a box (I have tons in my house) and shrink wrapped it and it came out great. You ever thought of looking for a template to make that bottom? You may be more successful than I was.