I am such an idiot.

stacien

I use this liquid castile soap called Dr. Bonner's. Some of you probably heard of it. I haven't touched base with making my own so I figure I will use this for now. It is great stuff. I usually use the Lavender. But I decided to try the Peppermint. Well I noticed my face was so oily today and decided to try to cleanse it with the peppermint soap because peppermint is a natural drying agent for oily skin. Well, big, big mistake! I don't know what ratio this guy uses but it is a lot. He also adds a natural version of menthol. I nearly burned my skin right off. I am on fire! I feel like I went into the dermatologist and had one of those chemical peels. Did you guys see that episode of Sex in the City where Samantha had one of those done and her face turned bright pink! That is me now! I just saved myself the money and did it naturally. Well I later went and picked up some Organic aloe to put the fire out. My advise is if you ever come across this soap stay away from the peppermint if you are sensetive. The scary part is I don't have sensetive skin.

Owie! I do have sensitive skin and I'm cringing right now for you.... We used to use this soap all the time (years ago) because that's what my husband grew up with. He used to use it on his face as well -- but always in diluted form.

I swear, the first time I read that bottle I almost fell out of my chair laughing -- if you believe the label that stuff could save the world! LOL!

I feel your pain. We had a lice scare once, and I poured several ounces of tea tree oil on my scalp, rubbed it in, and left it there for several hours. My ears peeled for weeks. I also rubbed my eyes once after using Ben-gay. Ouch.

I have been using Kimberleys Body Butter recipe on my face. My skin is so dry from it. I just use Dr. Bronners because I have a lot of respect for Castille soap not his Jargan on the bottle. Its what we had before we manufactered all this detergent crap after WWII. I knew what I was doing by putting that stuff on my face and now I am paying the price. I don't know what is worse extremely oily skin or very dry skin that hurts when you smile. I guess I should never trust a product that says they donate proceeds from the product to prisoner rehabilitation. Do you think Dr. Bronners family has some skeletons in their closet?

I use this liquid castile soap called Dr. Bonner's. Some of you probably heard of it. I haven't touched base with making my own so I figure I will use this for now. It is great stuff. I usually use the Lavender. But I decided to try the Peppermint. Well I noticed my face was so oily today and decided to try to cleanse it with the peppermint soap because peppermint is a natural drying agent for oily skin. Well, big, big mistake! I don't know what ratio this guy uses but it is a lot. He also adds a natural version of menthol. I nearly burned my skin right off. I am on fire! I feel like I went into the dermatologist and had one of those chemical peels. Did you guys see that episode of Sex in the City where Samantha had one of those done and her face turned bright pink! That is me now! I just saved myself the money and did it naturally. Well I later went and picked up some Organic aloe to put the fire out. My advise is if you ever come across this soap stay away from the peppermint if you are sensetive. The scary part is I don't have sensetive skin.

Menthol is derived from Natural Peppermint EO. As you found out, to much will burn the skin. If you make any B&B products you can use peppermint, but you have to test, to find out what a safe level is, so you don't burn your skin.