Let there be light

Sally

Hi Sharon,

I'm using the Deka transparent glass paint, it's their solvent based paint not the water based stuff.

I love the brightness of the colours but it's not dishwasher safe & it does tend to crack & flake off things after some years.

I think you may have the Pebeo paints.

The lightshade is clear glass so is the bulb, the frosted bulbs don't have the same effect if you paint them.

Glad you like it.

Sally.

Thanks folks,

Yes I do sell my painted lightbulbs & my other painted glass but not so much just now, it's not a great idea trying to do craft fairs with a 3 yr old in tow so until Lili's older I'm kind of off the "scene".

It never ceases to amaze me what a simple little lightbulb can do with the right paints & a wicked shade.

I will get more pics up asap todays been a bit hectic with rosie posies to get ready for the w.e

Sally.

ETA Hi Moonrose, I don't do stained glass but as you see I get some pretty cool effects with the paints.

I have a couple of friends who do proper stained glass work & they are awesome so I think I'll leave it to them....& the skinned knuckles & glass cuts..ouch.

Hi Sharon,

I'm using the Deka transparent glass paint, it's their solvent based paint not the water based stuff.

I love the brightness of the colours but it's not dishwasher safe & it does tend to crack & flake off things after some years.

I think you may have the Pebeo paints.

The lightshade is clear glass so is the bulb, the frosted bulbs don't have the same effect if you paint them.

Glad you like it.

Sally.

Yes, it's the Pebeo. I don't think I have heard of Deka paint. Solvent, bet that stuff is hard to use. Can you just dip a bulb in? I need a few pink colored light bulbs. Does it peel ogg the bulbs after awhile? TIA

Hi Sharon,

the paint is just as easy as any other to use , just don't put too much on your brush at once or it runs., just like the pebeo.

I suppose you could just dip a bulb in it but you'd have to have a large container & a lot of paint to do a good job, far easier to just use a brush imo.

Eventually the paint gets flaky & rubs off on your fingers but I only come across this when I'm, changing the bulbs so it's not a problem for me.

Deka is a German make & is not as easy to find as the pebeo but I much prefer it.

Sally.