Clear Stretch Cord

Kaybee23

For those of you that make beaded jewelry and use the clear stretch cord. What kind of glue do you use on it to keep it from coming undone. I used superglue, but wondered if someone else had a better idea of something to use on the ends to keep them from coming undone after you tie them. I am pretty new to jewelry making, and very new to the stretchy cord. Thanks!

I have made jewelry for my daughter and used stretch cord, although it wasn't clear and other types of cord. Anyway, don't laugh, I used nail glue. The reason I did this was because I used to wear fake nails and could not get them off for anything at all. I think it's worse than super glue! lol Anyway, I was making her a bracelet, it's gorgeous, and I couldn't find my other glue but had nail glue by me because I had done my nails earlier that night and that's what I've used since. The bracelet I first used it on is regular clear cord and it's red white and blue in rows. I'll have to take a pic sometime and post it. It was a pain in the butt but she has had compliments like crazy on it.

Stephanie

One time I tried hot glue and that didn't so well but I have used Aleenes Jewel-It glue and it seems to work. I used it on Sheries bracelet and she hasn't said it has broken yet, so far so good. lol I'm not a jewelry maker but this has worked for me on the few pieces I have made. I think superglue is just fine too.

One time I tried hot glue and that didn't so well but I have used Aleenes Jewel-It glue and it seems to work. I used it on Sheries bracelet and she hasn't said it has broken yet, so far so good. lol I'm not a jewelry maker but this has worked for me on the few pieces I have made. I think superglue is just fine too.

LOL, all is good my friend. I haven't taken this thing off. It's been through the ringer, including my new little bundle of joy, Sofia (a teacup chi) and it's still intact!!!!! :yay: So, I can vouch for the Aleens Jewel-It Glue. :highfive: