Scent throw

Alright, bare with me...yall were gone for awhile! lol...Okay, Im having some concerns with scent throw right now. I want to sell my candles eventually...but Im not getting the kind of scent throw I would like. I use ALL PEAKS supplies...both soy and waxes and FO and wicks...I bought a candle from Old Virginia candle comp...the scent throw was amazing...how can I get that too??? Please help!

Hello! With soy candles, you have to cure them for some time to allow the scent and wax to marry. what kind of wax are you using and what's ther F/O load per pound?

Are you making container candles with lids? Put the lid on, put on a shelf and forget about it for five days or so.

Soy must cure. No curing time will yield very little scent throw.

You could also have a case of candle nose though. :eek:

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us! :)

I agree with adding 1oz per pound of wax. On some of my stronger FOs I don't have to add this much but on most I do. I don't use soy but I have read that some people just can't get a good scent throw out of a certain scent so unless its happening with all of your scents this could be the problem. HTH-Mashala

I found that I had to use 1 1/2 oz pp when I used KYSoy and had to let them sit for a week or 2 to get a good scent throw. Thats why I switched to J50 I only have to let it sit a day or 2 and I get an awesome throw.

When I used plain soy I did 1.5oz per #..now with my 50/50 blend I use 1 to 1.5oz per #..the scents that are kick butt strong anyway I only use the 1oz per #.. see what the wax you are using recommends..the 50/50 I use..I was TOLD by the supplier to use as close to 1.5 as I can without overload.

which totaly seems backwards to me but hey it works..so I am not going to argue with it. ..and don't compare yourself to the big guys candle co's..sometimes they are not so good anyway..just cause they are huge and all over does not mean they have better candles than we do. ;)