Clear Labels Printing

ladysj

I'm curious as to how everyone sets up their printer when printing the clear labels. Do you set it for transparency, glossy etc and do you use high quality or something else? TIA

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. If it is please move.

I use an inkjet printer to print my labels which have only black text and no other color. I get a darker and clear print when I select the black ink only option as opposed to just hinting print and using all the colors to generate black. I hope that makes sense.

Lisa

I am currently paying someone to print my clear labels, but I would love to save the money and print them myself. I have an inkjet printer but I haven't had any luck finding the label sizes I need, some I need are very small labels for hangtags that have the ingredients. I want to print some additional ones for my body lotions, the paper labels seem to wrinkle when you squeeze the flip top bottles. And I can't find the right size to use for my small jars and lip balm pots. Do you need a special software to print these? And where do you get your labels from? I checked Office Depot but forget that, they only have address labels. :undecided

I get most of my labels at onlinelabel.com. I'm currently working with an inkjet, but we're planning on upgrading to a laser with our task return. I typically, however, purchase full-sized clear labels sheets, which you should be able to get from any office supply store (made by avery, sold in 25 sheet packs for roughtly $22-23). By buying the full sized sheets, I can then trim to the size I need, rather than try to find a label size that fits my container. It saves me a lot of hassle, and probably a decent amount of money, since I don't have to have 6 different sizes of labels on hand.

As for the printing, I just print normal, and haven't had any problems. After printing, I spray them with Krylon's Triple Thick Glaze to help waterproof them. This is the step I'm hoping to cut out with the laser printer. I've had some tell me they'll be water proof, and others (usually the companies), who tell me I'll need to test them. IOW, they won't claim anything, and cover their butts in doing so! LOL!

So sometime in the next few months, I'll be testing a bunch of laser printers and clear labels. I'm not really looking forward to it.