Peaks~ Jamaca Me Crazy

Fire and Ice

Has anybody bought this scent recently and poured it? I got a pound of it yesterday. OOB it didn't smell like much to me at all and I thought,"stick it in wax and the notes will sperate and come to the surface." NOPE! Got it in wax and it still smells like...dirt to me. :lipsrseal

Is it just me or what?

I also poured Peaks Sweet Pea and it's GREAT! Major keeper there!

C-3 wax 1.5 per pound.

I know this has to cure but I'm just thinking this is really odd.

Advice please?:undecided

Fire:cool2:

Not to diverse. I made it yesterday and have it burning now. It is in Parafin though. I will post you back tonight with my verdict.

See you are a Josh Groden addict. Glad to hear it. So am I. He is just too too good. I inquired about tickets to see him. They were over $1000 here in Florida. The cheapest I could find was midwest somewhere (can't remember now) for $650, and those were the cheapest seats.

It is a shame only the rich can enjoy him in person.

Well thus far, I have to say that I NOT at all impressed with anything from NG except the Bay Rum. Still have to test burn the candles I made but on cold throw, only the Bay Rum is impressing me. My customers and testers aren't impressed either.:lipsrseal They smelled the clamshells and imdeiately ruled out the Watercress and Aloe as way too Soapy smelling. I have to say I agree:embarasse

Nothing at all is making it'self known on this JMC. I really trust Peaks so I'm thinking it's me. Have to do the second pour today. Even if it comes to life when burning, nobody will buy it on this cold throw!:embarasse

The Sweet Pea was AWESOME!

Stil lwaiting on my GL oils to arrive!:undecided

Fire

OK, I've had it burning now about two hours. You did not state what wax. Mine is a parafin 4627. It's a pleasant smell and I know others have raved about it, but it does not compare to Peaks mango papaya. That one really rocks. If you havn't tried it, at least get a sample.

First of all, Peaks is my favorite FO supplier. That being said, this particular oil I was not impressed with. I bought it because it was listed to throw well in soy, but I found the throw to be light to medium, and that was in tarts at a very high load. However, I was using soy at that time and that could have everything to do with it!

First of all, Peaks is my favorite FO supplier. That being said, this particular oil I was not impressed with. I bought it because it was listed to throw well in soy, but I found the throw to be light to medium, and that was in tarts at a very high load. However, I was using soy at that time and that could have everything to do with it!

Okay, I use C-3 which is soy too. I got an interesting PM from someone who said that the notes on this F/O are VERY crowded so it smells very neutral. Allow the candles to cure and then see how I feel. Sounds like good advice.

Scented, I have never added anything to my make to make a scent throw. If a scent needs additive and what not to throw in my soy, then I won't keep it. Many F/O ROCK in soy.

Yup, I've had the Mango/ Papaya and it does sell very well for me! It's from Peaks as well.

I have decided however to try and go back and retry the Green Clover & Aloe from Peaks. I couldn't get it to throw in a candle but the clamshells worked well. I adore this scent. Much more than the Watercress & Aloe from NG

FINALLY got my GL scent in the mail. No comments until they're in wax too. That will be tomorrow.

I really appreciate it, Scented. I just can't see adding this, that and other things. If it throws, great. But if it doesn't it's cetainly not the end of the world. Peaks IS AWESOME. I will always say that no matter what. I tried their Casab Mist and throw it threw awesome in my soy, I just personally didn't care for it. If Sweet Pea were a guy, I'd ask him to marry me! LOL! That how much I LOVE that scent!

I'm now test burning Democrat from Nature's Garden.

The Bay Rum Passed with flying colors!

Tomorrow I'll start on a few of the GL scents!

Not to diverse. I made it yesterday and have it burning now. It is in Parafin though. I will post you back tonight with my verdict.

See you are a Josh Groden addict. Glad to hear it. So am I. He is just too too good. I inquired about tickets to see him. They were over $1000 here in Florida. The cheapest I could find was midwest somewhere (can't remember now) for $650, and those were the cheapest seats.

It is a shame only the rich can enjoy him in person.

Are you on either of the JG boards? I'm on both. I'd check on some on line ticket sites. The prices quoted you seem so high I'd wonder about them being scalpers!*faint*

Let's link up via PMs or email and talk Josh. You can reach me either through PMs or email~ ephesians@wilkshire.net

Okay, I use C-3 which is soy too. I got an interesting PM from someone who said that the notes on this F/O are VERY crowded so it smells very neutral. Allow the candles to cure and then see how I feel. Sounds like good advice.

Scented, I have never added anything to my make to make a scent throw. If a scent needs additive and what not to throw in my soy, then I won't keep it. Many F/O ROCK in soy.

Yup, I've had the Mango/ Papaya and it does sell very well for me! It's from Peaks as well.

I have decided however to try and go back and retry the Green Clover & Aloe from Peaks. I couldn't get it to throw in a candle but the clamshells worked well. I adore this scent. Much more than the Watercress & Aloe from NG

FINALLY got my GL scent in the mail. No comments until they're in wax too. That will be tomorrow.

Let us know when it has cured. I only let mine cure for a week. I am too impatient to wait any longer! If an oil takes longer than that, I give up!