Lotion Base ?? WSP vs Jody's

ruba

I use the Head to Toe Lotion Base from WSP and my customers and I LOVE it... but of course the "shipping price" issuse always gets me. Shpping from OH to NV is HUGE from them. I saw another post by Bugtussle regarding this and saw that scentsme recommended that Jody at soapsandthings.com has lots of bases that others carry. The bases have the exact same ingredients and in the exact same order. My question is... Has anybody ever compared the "All Over Basic Lotion Base" from Jody to the "Head to Toe Lotion" from WSP??

I was thinking about getting a sample, but I don't need to order anything else at this time so was wondering if anyone might have some input or me.

TIA.:D

I've never bought anything from her but packaging products. I compared ingredients on the goat's milk & honey lotion and they are identical. It doesn't mean it's the same though. I would buy a sample bottle from her before committing to a whole gallon.

There was another thread going on about her service recently. I think some people were waiting on orders and a reply to emails they sent her. Since the thread got started it seems some orders were received.

If I have a question about service, I always call or email them to see how quickly they respond. If they don't return calls or answer emails I won't use them.

Read her policy for ordering--especially regarding out of stock items:

http://www.soapandthings.com/t-orderinfo.aspx

Thanks gals for responding... I guess it is still up for trying. I guess I will check out the site more in depth and see if there is anything that I will be able to use. I will also check into the thread that you were talking about sockmonkey:D

thank you again.

I ordered 3 or 4 of her sample bases. I don't have them in here right now, but I am thinking of switching from the KY Glaze to her Goat Milk and Honey base. I like all the samples I got from there.

I got so excited last night at 11:00 that I took the plunge and ordered 1 gal all over lotion, 1 gal goats milk honey lotion, and 1 gal bubble bath from Jody. Why? because shipping was $10.50 on 3 gallons. (This compares to 14.70 shipping from BCN, 34.00 from WSP.) I may be EATING 3 gallons of B&B base, but I was so excited that I pushed the ORDER button. Carole

If you find the base isn't what you're looking for, contact me. I'm in Utah, and make Custom Lotion Bases. I ship my products condensed (you add distilled water to the consistency you want your final product to be) and I can get 3 "gallons" in a Flat Rate Box. (64oz of condensed base typically makes 1 gallon, and I can get 3 sets of the 64oz bases in flat rate box, hence the 3 "gallons" :grin2: )

:yay: Oh Carole!! You will have to tell me about the "All Over Lotion" when you get it. I hope it is the same as the WSP "Head To Toe"... that would rock to actually want to push the "order" button instead of closing my eyes tight, taking a deep breath and pushing the enter key!:wink2:

Thank you Lindsay, I will keep the custom stuff in mind. You never know.

Thanks again and Carole... please keep me posted on your lotions.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I got my shipment yesterday, shipping turned out to be 19.00 instead of 10.50, that's OK. I think it is exactly the same as WSP's. Jody may even get it from WSP, same packaging. The all over body or whatever she calls it was labeled "head to toe." We are testing it now to determine if it really is. Carole

Yes, I got my shipment yesterday, shipping turned out to be 19.00 instead of 10.50, that's OK. I think it is exactly the same as WSP's. Jody may even get it from WSP, same packaging. The all over body or whatever she calls it was labeled "head to toe." We are testing it now to determine if it really is. Carole

Seems strange that they would have the same name. I just bought the ultra clear shower gel and it had a label under her label but it had been ripped off. Who knows? I do like the shower gel it is very thick and stays thick but when I mixed in FO it turned creamy. Don't know if it cleared up cause it's in a blue bottle. Made it for DH and he likes the way it suds.

I think that Jody carries much of the exact same stuff as WSP. Even her photos are identical. I do not know what has been going on with her recently, but I still have not had a single problem ordering from her. I received my most recent order in a timely fashion and everything was just as expected. Her shipping is very reasonable too. I used some of her bases with great success and will continue to order. I have never found a supplier with more unique and affordable packaging. She has a huge selection.