Help, my first ricing I think

Deb1350

Hi everyone, Well last night I think I experienced ricing. I make cp soap and never had this happen before. It started to look lumpy when I was pouring it. I did the zap test today and it definately does zap. The inside looks smooth but the top looks like it has crystals on it. That is the part I put my tongue on. Anyway is it time to learn how to do my first rebatch or will it be ok once it is cured? Thanks for any help.

You can test it after it sits for a day or two, but study up on rebatching ... (I think that's what BUnny always says to me lol!) I had some that had some zing in it but after about four days it didn't. I trashed it anyway. Had it happen on another batch. I have to learn the rebatch process too.

Deb, that does not sound like ricing. With ricing, the soap starts to look like pancake batter, then suddenly, it starts to separate back into oils with little curds throughout. Yours sounds like acceleration, where suddenly parts of the soap get really thick and the batter gets lumpy.

Maybe it was acceleration I'm not sure but what worries me it it looks sorta like crystals on the top and it zapped me. The inside is smooth. Should I just wait a few days and see if the zap goes away and if it does is it ok?