QC for Gel Wax

dell

Is there a test that can be done to ensure that we get the right type of gel that we ordered, be it LP, MP or HP? I ordered MP and HP and by the feel I can see the difference. But what about if you only order one type, how do you know if you got the rigth one?:tiptoe:

I don't know if there is a test to determine which gel is which. But I would imagine that if you sent an email to penreco they should be able to tell you if there is a way to tell. If they can't tell you, I don't know who could...they invented it.

Bill

Jacksonville

Thanks evryone. If this is the case, then the best we beginners can do is probably set aside a small sample as reference. I bought MP & HP, so i will do this.

Crystalclear, have you used LP with embeds? How is it compared to MP? I will appreciate your input.

I've used all three. The only time I use LP is if I'm doing a "fruit salad" candle. I do this particular candle in different size bowls and use a center cup with wicked gel so that it will be a "forever" candle. The wax embeds surround the center. I use the LP because it is easier to work with getting it to settle completely around the fruit and not melt the embeds. I hope this description makes sense. For the insert, I use MP.

If you are talking about using glass embeds for a scenic candle, I don't recommend using the LP, especially if you are going to suspend any embeds.

If you are talking about using glass embeds for a scenic candle, I don't recommend using the LP, especially if you are going to suspend any embeds.

Ditto that! I only use LP if I'm just doing a plain candle in a container..no embeds. Once I start using embeds, I use MP. And then depending on the weight of the embed and if I want to suspend it, I will use HP. Hope that helps!