Confusion on a Marie Browning M&P recipe

dublon

Hi everyone, :cool2:

One of the soap books that I have is "300 handcrafted soaps" great M&P projects by Marie Browning..

In her recipes, she lists fragrance in drops... and it could be either FO or EO..

Could someone give me a hand with this recipe please in telling me from their experience if these are FO's or EO's ?? I personnally think they are FO'S but I'm not sure. I would like to use EO'S for this recipe.

Antibacterial Soap

M&P base: 6 oz coconut oil soap base

Fragrance: 10 drops peppermint, 5 drops eucalyptus, 5 drops tea tree

Colorant: 5 drops green

Additives: 1 tsp dried eucalyptus and 1 tsp dried peppermint

And... could I use this recipe using goat's milk base?

Thank you very much in advance!!

ooops... sorry if I posted in the wrong forum!!

It is just the Eucalyptus that really had me confused as I already have the FO from Peaks... which is why I was asking this question in the first place.... That's where I got confused... although peppermint can come as an FO too!!!

And when she talks about drops....... I imagine it would depend on the size of the dropper?????

I usually measure everything in oz... or ml

So I guess my question is how much of each....

Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I have been using FO'S and would really like to start using EO's for my soap!!

TIA

ooops... sorry if I posted in the wrong forum!!

And when she talks about drops....... I imagine it would depend on the size of the dropper?????

I usually measure everything in oz... or ml

So I guess my question is how much of each....

TIA

Most of my EO, come with specially designed caps that dispense them in drops. I imagine thats's what she is talking about. HTH

Just remember, Suze, you cannot claim "antibacterial" on a label or advertising or anything.

ETA: that is in the US anyway, just noticed you are in Canada, where the rules may differ!

Note even on the label?? I guess I'll have to do a search on here...it must have been discussed somewhere and I missed it!! :embarasse

As for Canada, I'll have to find out. We have weird laws around sometimes!! :D

Thank you for the advice, it will be taken! I'll have to come up with a name for it, once I've tested it anyway!! I'm still waiting on my EO's to arrive!!