logo for labels

cowgirl

I have thought and thought, searched for ideas on the web and I just can't come up with an idea so I figured I would ask everyone here what their opinion is (alot of creative minds here). Anyway, the name of my business is Cattle Crossing Mercantile. I thought it was rather cute when I picked it out but it sure is hard to find something to go with it. Originally I thought an old western style mercantile bldg would be neat but I cant find one w/o ppl in the picture. Anybody have any ideas on what I could use?

I have thought and thought, searched for ideas on the web and I just can't come up with an idea so I figured I would ask everyone here what their opinion is (alot of creative minds here). Anyway, the name of my business is Cattle Crossing Mercantile. I thought it was rather cute when I picked it out but it sure is hard to find something to go with it. Originally I thought an old western style mercantile bldg would be neat but I cant find one w/o ppl in the picture. Anybody have any ideas on what I could use?

I did a search on istockphoto.com....you might find some using different things, I used old mercantile since just mercantile gave me a lot of ships, but I see trading post as one of the key words in a pic on this page....but it's a start..

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_search.php?action=file&text=+old+mercantile&filetypeID=

I thought about the mercantile building too, in fact I did a search for weeks until i found one that i THOUGHT i liked. After I put it in a layout, it look funny. I also thought about a western hat & lasso but that reminded me of cowboys/ranching to much. So what I did was this......I live in an area where they promote old time festivals. There was this old general store when I was little that was in a 1 horse town so I snapped a picture and edited it to black and white. On the 2nd story railing I put General Store across it. I wish I could upload a picture to show you the label I designed I could really use some feedback but for some reason I just cant figure out how to load a picture on this site. I don't think I am allowed to or something

Prairieannie, i like the idea of the merchant/lasso idea.

I would try to think "outside the box" and come up with something unexpected.. (give 'em something they will remember!)

hum....

cattle crossing

cattle crossing

cattle crossing

maybe two whimsical cows..one laying on top of the other in a X

or um....cross dressing cattle:D

or some cattle with their eyes crossed

OK...sorry....back to the OK coral.

Anyways... opps what did I do?:laugh2:

Ok I think I just deleted my post before i was done...

Long story short- Pictures of cows are generally overdone... this coming from a long time cow collector! How about hoof prints? They are simple, require very little color and can be put on any color background. How about a drippy muddy wet hoof print going across the background of the Company name? Or across a crickety old creek type foot bridge? Maybe even with a mysterious object left in it's path (cow pie) <giggle> :grin2:

Makes me want to use that. But it's ok- you can have it. It's no where near my business persona.;)

Wow, more great ideas to think about. Ok I looked at beckys website, she does very nice work!!!! Here is my problem. I have spent so much money on supplies and testing (this adds up fast !!!!) that I really need to keep my spending at a min right now. I had to buy a new printer which was unexpected that WAS NOT cheap by no means. However she is VERY resonable. I am going to try and do this on my own for right now and will more than likely end up having her do this for me later. I know whatever I do will not even come close to what I saw on her website. Thanks again for some very good ideas