votives cracking in the mold

I'm using Ecosoya votive blend with FO @1.5 oz ppo and using wick pins. I heated to about 175, then added my stuff and poured at about 140. After about an hour I took a look at the votives I'd poured and they are cracked. I waited and pulled them out and sure enough, the cracks go all the way through.

What gives? How can I prevent this?

I too added container wax to soften it up. I had the same problem with Enchanted Lites Votive wax, but then poured hotter and covered it to slow the cooling down....that did the trick for me....don't know how it would work with the Ecosoya....never tried it

Well, I don't have EZ soy - I think I have IGI 4630, but I will give that a try. It's just so annoying that I spent my whole evening on this only to be starting all over again. Well, better than with soaping where I'd probably just be tossing my failures - candles I just melt down and start again!

OK, this last round I added some container wax and set the molds on my stovetop between the burners where it's nice and warm. Poured at 140. Last time I had 2-3 cracks radiating out from wick to edge - this time I have a circular crack about half way between the wick and the edge, going all the way around. I'm going to pour 2 hotter and 2 cooler this round, put on the warm stovetop again, and top with a box to keep the heat in. Then I'm going to bed to dream about wax.

I've spent 3 days now on candles (2 days playing with containers, today votives). So far I have 0 candles...

I AM having fun. I AM. I think I am anyway, but still...

Soap is easier for me. My first few batches were GREAT. Then my next dozen or two sucked, but I got better and continue to improve. I think it was the initial success with the soaps that makes me feel bad about my candles.

But I'll get there...

Never considered NOT doing soy. Hmmmm. No no, don't need any more variables!

Are you using the metal votive cup molds? It's possible these are cold when you are pouring and you are pouring hot. I warm my metal votive cups in my hand before pouring.

Just a suggestion, I'm sure you'll figure it out!

KY's votive/tart blend is excellent.

I've tried ky's votive/pillar natural blend.....even though I was testing unscented, I just couldn't get past the smell of the wax....bad enough cold...heated? oh my goodness! I like some of their other waxes though....