I just got new wax to play with...

Ok, for some of you it is old wax, but for me it is new since I have not worked with it before :) I am going to be playing with J50, J223, 6006, EZ Soy and Astorlite Q this weekend :yay:

Anyone have a favorite or a tip/trick/suggestions for me for a certain wax. I am trying to narrow down my wax to the one I would like to use permanently... then I can move on to specific jars, wicks, etc.

I just got my astorlite Q today and poured 2 8oz square masons. One has sugar cookie and the other almond cherry. The almond cherry is pink and the sugar cookie is blue because I wanted blue! lol I have not worked with it before but I like the looks, plus, according to nuscents website, it is supposed to cure in 12 hours. We'll see! lol I have not used those other waxes, but good luck and let me know how your astorlite turns out. I don't know how soon I'll test mine. I just poured them a few hours ago. I may wait until Sunday, if I can.

Stephanie

I use J50 and I like it. It has a great cold and hot throw and burns well and clean with the wick I use...zinc. The only problem I have with it are wet spots, but if I clean the jars, pour in heated jars and let them cool in the oven they look good. I also add 2 tbls. of crisco to the pot and that seems to help. But the throw is great. Hope that helps some.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using ezsoy and like it even though it is temperamental. I add liquid dye and fo at about 175 and pour about 95, when it starts to get a film on top. Heat the jars before pouring for a few minutes and I use cd wicks. It would be good to know how you like the J223, I'm about to try it.

I've tried EZ soy and 6006.

6006 has a great throw but it seems to soot a lot.

EZ Soy has a great cold throw right off the bat but for me it takes a few weeks to get a good hot throw.

I tried mixing the two the other night. I'm still letting it cure right now.

oh how fun! I bet you will be busy, busy this weekend!!

I don't really have a tip or trick to mention but I do have a little something to watch out for. I was on an astorlite Q fix for awhile and thought I found my personal fav when it came to container candles. Well unfortunately I was very quickly disappointed the first time I actually melted my Q candles (I was making wickless at the time). I always followed all the rules, only had put in .5 oz fo/lb, some UV and dye. I poured at the recommended temp and I was really pleased with both the cold throw and the finished look. BUT, after melting the first time, the candles severly discolored. They all went from a beautiful bright green to a nasty yellow/brown.

Ugh! I put the wax away and just haven't had the heart or patience to pull it back out yet! It was very disappointing...I wish I would have taken pics to show you.

I know I wasn't alone in having this issue. If you do a search on astorlite Q you'll find a couple others that have hit this roadblock too.

Just something to watch out for!

Good luck with all your testing and take good notes!! You're gonna have a blast!