Taylored Concepts oils??? Problem

msmeredith

Hi

I ordered from him a few weeks ago and all the oils I received smells like kerosene. No matter the scent they all smell like (kerosene):Werd:. I thought maybe it was just me so I tried to use it anyway and still KEROSENE. Just to name a few: Drakkar, Dolce & Gabbana, Obession, Paris and so on. They all stink like h@ll. They all have similiar scents and nothing like their namesake just kerosene and something else added. Has anyone else had a similiar experience? Granted, he was very nice and shipped the items the same day within a few hours of me ordering, so I give him that. But that was my worst FO experience ever. Oh, one more thing .... I asked him was Paris (on his site) the same as Paris Hilton and he said yes, What a crock!!! :mad: Pure Kerosene.

That's odd. Sorry your oils are bad.

I've ordered from them plenty of times over the years and their stuff has always been good.

Usually it's the grapefruits and peppermint that have that fuel smell but that's a common problem with those scents not with Taylored Concepts.

Other then an email or calling not much else to do. :undecided But I haven't found that to be common with them.

They are really nice there, I've never had the problem you are having but I have had them ship me the wrong oil, or I had one that leaked out everywhere. I called them and they took care of the problem and even sent a few extra samples. I would call, I know its an inconvenience waiting for the right ones but atleast you are not out the $$$$ for nothing.

I was wondering when I'd read this on here...I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand their oils.

I live near Dallas so when I went to pick up my jars from Taylored for the first time I was really excited to smell their FOs--thinking I could save a ton of money on shipping. I was really disappointed. All but 2 oils I picked up smelled exactly the same...something chemically and just nasty. I did get their Buttercream Supreme and the Christmas Splendor and while they are nice FOs I don't know that I'll reorder b/c IMO they're nothing special. An additional shock for me was that I went to their dupe section and not a single dupe was even close. A real disappointment.

You're right though..Robert is really nice. His staff could be better IMO--a bit rude. I hate going there.

I really like Robert's FOs. Some are better than others, but I have never smelled kerosene. I have been pouring about 10 of his scents for over 4 years. Contact him, and maybe he can help you figure it out. He makes his own FOs and maybe one ingredient was bad. Carole

Hi

I ordered from him a few weeks ago and all the oils I received smells like kerosene. No matter the scent they all smell like (kerosene):Werd:. I thought maybe it was just me so I tried to use it anyway and still KEROSENE. Just to name a few: Drakkar, Dolce & Gabbana, Obession, Paris and so on. They all stink like h@ll. They all have similiar scents and nothing like their namesake just kerosene and something else added. Has anyone else had a similiar experience? Granted, he was very nice and shipped the items the same day within a few hours of me ordering, so I give him that. But that was my worst FO experience ever. Oh, one more thing .... I asked him was Paris (on his site) the same as Paris Hilton and he said yes, What a crock!!! :mad: Pure Kerosene.

I have used some of their FO's without a problem. Nothing I have ever gotten smells like what you are describing. I am pretty certain that he does not sell bottles of kerosene. :undecided Have you tried calling him, or Kimberley and explaining to them what you are throwing out here to us on the board? If there is an issue, I am sure they would want to know about it. I don't buy many oils from them, but I buy a few and I also buy some of my soaping supplies from them as well, and have always gotten good quality stuff. Since Robert mixes his own FO's, maybe he can help figure out what is happening.

I have used some of their FO's without a problem. Nothing I have ever gotten smells like what you are describing. I am pretty certain that he does not sell bottles of kerosene. :undecided Have you tried calling him, or Kimberley and explaining to them what you are throwing out here to us on the board? If there is an issue, I am sure they would want to know about it. I don't buy many oils from them, but I buy a few and I also buy some of my soaping supplies from them as well, and have always gotten good quality stuff. Since Robert mixes his own FO's, maybe he can help figure out what is happening.

I never said that he sold me a bottle of kerosene. I stated that all my bottles smelled like kerosene. :confused::confused: Yes I did email him and have not heard back from them as of yet. I am not sure that I am feeling your response so I will leave it at that. BTW, from the years that I have purchased oils I have never smelled anything chemically. Granted sometimes things may not smell quite right but thats different and not a complaint because every manufacturer have different versions of scents. But I do have a right to voice my opinion and ask a question if anyone else ever had the same problem.

I think you might have misread Kaybee's post/intention. You definitely have the right to post your question--I don't think your question was out of line in any way and I doubt anyone else does either. I'm glad you posted it, in fact, because I've had the exact same experience with their oils. I think this is a case of translation confusion! :D

I'm not a fan of TC fo's, but they get plenty of rave's -- so just boils down to a matter of opinion. I, too, think the majority of their fo's seem to smell alike, just can't put my finger on it. I've only found 2 fo's from testing more than a dozen that I like & I've been to the storefront & sniffed samples till my head was spinning. Not a supplier that I prefer, but excellent customer service & a very well run business. Seems like it should be easier, but we just have to buy & test to find what we like. One of my very fav fo's comes from TC & I would never slam them as a supplier, but they just don't have what I'm looking for.

Susan.