Wicking question and dilemma with 16 oz jars

My dilemma, I am getting a perfect melt pool using double wicking 44-24z in a 16 oz (apoth or keepsake jar) Diameter is right at 4 inches. My melt pool is staying at about 3/8 of an inch. It takes about 3-1/2 hours to get a full melt pool at 1/8 inch deep, then it ends up at 3/8th of an inch towards the end of the burns. I have burned it from 4 hours all the way to 6 hours. Even though I am getting a full melt pool, my scent throw is not that great. I am using J223/soy combo. I have used this wax before and with same scent and have gotten it to throw in an 8 oz jelly jar so I know it should be stronger. My question, do you think maybe my melt pool is not getting hot enough with these wicks even though I have a full melt pool? I am definitely going to pull this wicks and try some 44-32z to see if I can get a hotter melt pool but wanted some opinions from the experts. (I am also going to try Comfort Blend/soy combo too to see what that does since I have a lot of the CB left). Thanks in advance.

Update on my dilemma, (in case anybody is interested). I pulled the 44-24z and placed two 51z. I believe the scent throw is better, although, I did test it in a different spot. I was testing it at my office but with the 51z's I tested it at home. I will take the candle with me to my office on Monday and retest there to see if the scent throw is better. My melt pool was about 1/2 inch and I only burned for 4 hours.

I also poured some Comfort Blend testers, just straight Comfort Blend in several different containers and wicks. I will let them cure and test them later.

Another update, with the straight CB in the 16 oz salsa jar I used two 62 HTP. In the second burn they drowned out. Couldn't find my 73's so now I am trying two 44-24z to see if they work. Any suggestions with wicking a 3.25 diameter jar with the straight CB? I have all kinds of different wicks. Zincs, performa, LX, CD, HTPs. I did have an awesome scent throw though with the 62 HTPs. I used the scent Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Frosting from Just Scent.