Help Me

jldorrington

ok someone either needs to point me in the right direction or take a 2x4 to the back of my head cause NJ's business section SUCKS i am litterally dizzy from going around in circles all i want to know is for a general partenership what forms do i need to file and in what order do i need to file cause one thing i read says i need to get my business name first so i go to that and it says its not for sole propiertership (yeah i can't spell) or general partenerships. so i got the application for business registration but that asks for the ein/fein number so that leads me to do i file ein or fein and i have the app for ein how do i get fein and how does all of this insure our business name can't be used by anyone else.. and i don't know how many people here can help cause were doing a partenership and most people on here are by themselves (i think) ugg 2x4 anyone it could be any blunt object not really picky

:whip: Sorry, that's the closest we have to a 2x4 :D

A partnership needs a written partnership agreement spelling out a lot of conditions and what-ifs. I don't think an accountant is going to help you.

Curious...why do you want to form a partnership? Especially if you really don't know what a partnership involves. You need to research sole proprietor, LLC, S Corporation and partnership (general and limited). When you understand the advantages and disadvantages of each you can make an informed decision about the direction you want to go.

And then go see an attorney.

i don't have the money to establish an llc. we figured on the general partenership due to costs and what have you it seemed like the llc and stuff was WWWAAAYYYY more expensive then we could handle.

as far as were concerned this is just a very simple make sell kinda thing selling to friends family co workers and we want to do craft fairs. i know in order to get into craft fairs (at least reputable ones) we need to be legal. its just a matter of this ending up as simple and cost effective as possible. we obviously know were not gonna be makine $5,000 a year. at least not any time soon. so why put out $800+ for a business that may not see any actually profit for several years down the road. we want to take things slowly and see where it goes from there. maybe once we start actually making a profit we'll put the money into an LLC. but with insurance at $500+ a year. llc not the right choice for use right now