Soy Whip Body Butter

Dipdiva

I just got a gallon of this from kycandlewaxsupply.com and was wondering if anyone else here uses it. If there is anyone here that uses it, do you have any special tips or tricks for blending it besides the instructions that are on the container? I used the recommended amount of FO and mixed it using a stand mixer but, it feels "spongey" and a little dry. :cry2:

I use it and that is how it suppose to feel. I have sold a lot of it and people like the texture of it. I have had some of it get spots and some of it doesn't and I have yet to figure out why it is happening. Even though she says it won't discolor it does. I used Peaks Coconut Banana Blast and at first it did not change colors but after time it turns pinkish brown. I have no tips or pointers from how she says on her site to make it.

I discontinued that product from my line because of all the consistency issues with the manufacturer. Its best to really WHIP the heck out of it. However, the spongey feeling will not go away, and it can't take high FO loads without getting slimy. I did add some different oils to it as an experiment to change the texture a bit and it came out pretty nice. But within a short time there were brown spots (mold) on the top of the container. Some FO's will also turn it brown over time. Too much hassle for me, so I got rid of it.

Mind you~ I am am huge fan of Vickey @ KY. Her products and service are top notch. This product just didn't work out as I expected it to.

Mystic, so the spots are mold? She would never tell me what they were, I had a batch that came with the brown spots in it. I showed it to Judy at TDF soaps and asked her if it was mold and she said it wasn't. I have no idea, but it's to bad about the stuff cuz I found it to be very moisturizing in the winter.

Mystic, so the spots are mold? She would never tell me what they were, I had a batch that came with the brown spots in it. I showed it to Judy at TDF soaps and asked her if it was mold and she said it wasn't. I have no idea, but it's to bad about the stuff cuz I found it to be very moisturizing in the winter.

Wow, that surprises me that she had no explanation on the brown spots.

I would have sent the whole gallon back to her. I know there were alot of variances in the first 3 batches. Thats the main reason I got rid of this product. Those brown spots~ if they looked like mine are mold. They got worse as time passed. I saved one jar to be sure of this. After a period of time the whole thing was brown and smelled terrible.