How do I get RED?

hijacking my own thread, but gee I only bought 3 cause I am just learning, but maybe I should get a few more - your candles look beautiful!

ditto, I bought three of each color and wish i would have bought more. I always make 7oz candles and I was so glad that these hold 7oz perfectly.

I love KY's Spice red and Scarlet red. You can get some really nice deep reds. I do in soy also use liquid colors from RA, like their shades of the colors and they are stronger than others I have.

I just realized I said RA instead of Rustic Essentials , RE, They also have the glass dropper bottles. Don't know why this is typing in bold?????

totally off my own topic, but Sharon I have your Cranberry Balsam candle in my living room that I don't want to burn cause it smells soooooo good just the way it is. I traded some coffee to you for it last spring! Anyway, I wanted to tell you I LOVE it!

I feel the same way you do Carebear. I am pretty new and I bought a sampler pack of the dye blocks from Lone Star and I find it very hard to know exactly how much I am getting each time. I find them to be kind of a PITA, you either have to grate some off (which didn't work that great for me) or hack off some shavings with a paring knife! It would seem easier to me to use the liquid dyes... I would also like to know what the benefit of these are over the liquid dyes or is it just personal preference?

Sharon :D

Carebear, didn't anyone ever tell you to burn those babies? It's soy so bet it doesn't look so good any more. You can always trade again. I love coffee and I have a Christmas Tree left over AKA Kentucky Mountain Pine. How does that sound? Anyway thanks for the nice words.

I made some lovely macintosh apple tarts and used red dye (block, shaved it in). Looked pink so I added more. and more. and more. Pink. Pink. Pink.

How in the blazes do I get a RED red?

I have how many drops I use for each scent I make written down but sometimes an extra drop or two slips in. So I really don't worry too much if each bach is just a little different than the other. And when I use Vickey's KY Candle Supply, chips it is really hard to get it the same every time. So I just guess and drop a few chips in a small cup with some hot wax to melt before adding to the whole batch.They are a pain kinda like the blocks but her chips are such rich nice colors you will have no problem getting a really true red ever again.... HTH I can alway send you a couple of chips to try.

Well I like the BCN liquid dyes, except I think they may be causing the frosting issues I'm having. I use EZ Soy though so maybe they will work better in the Ecosoya. BCN Color Blocks are pretty nice too if you want to stick with the blocks.

EZ is a notorious froster. It may not be the dye. It's one of my favorite soys, but man, it is ugly!

You can heat those chips and blocks to the point of ruining the soy...the flecks will not go away. I tried it. I even tried mooshing them with a spoon!

Liquids are best, and do experiment with the red drops and a bit of black or brown as suggested. That works pretty well.