wet spots from cold

I made 2 candles for a friend around 3 weeks ago. Last night, I was going to try to meet up with her to give them to her. Needless to say, we didn't meet up so I brought them back home. I forgot them on the counter in the garage. These have been 2 of the best looking candles I've made yet, no frosting or no wet spots. I took them out of the bag and both candles have huge wet spots, almost all the way around the jar. What gives???? How do you all store and transport candles without this happening from the cold. How do people ship candles from internet sales?

Is there anything I can do to repair this before I can meet up with her?

I have a couple of jars in my kitchen which I use for assorted experiments with colour, they sometimes have odd wet spots which change with the room temperature, but it doesn't really detract from the attractiveness of the candle & it does seem to be one of the quirks of soy & I would tell potential customers that.

Sally.

Thanks for the input. I brought them in from the garage and put them in the dining room because I was disgusted I didn't want to look at them.

I just checked them and the majority of the wet spots are gone. :yay:

I have done the heat gun thing on the jar and had results that went from perfect to worse frosting than when I started. I have also warmed the jars in hot water and swirled them with a little better results than the heat gun, but didn't always eliminate frosting. I am afraid to try those techniques because I am afraid these will frost up and there is none of that at this time. One is a plum color and the other is a soft green (blueberry muffin in both).

Just to add one thing: Make sure that you are cleaning the jars before using. Glass is sprayed with a coating during the manufacturing process to prevent fingerprints and dust from adhering. It must be cleaned and dried or the wax will pull away from the jar.

I think the average person who doesn't know the ins and outs of candle making really won't notice wet spots. And once the person lits it then you wont notice it at all. Also remember it is a hand made candle and I am sure made with love, your friend will love it either way.