dots

I saw a web site where they sell what looks like wax dots (looked like beeswax pastilles) that you put in a tart warmer - this way you could make your own "blends" by combining some of this and some of that, plus you could put as much or as little as you like it your warmer.

I could see making them by hand (drip drip drip) but it seems BEYOND labor intensive. Any ideas on how to form them quickly and easily?

Candlewick has a silicone button mold that is a bit larger than "dots", but the same principle. I have one of the molds and it makes really neat little buttons you could mix and make your own individual blends.

I have only sold them in bags of one scent, but you could sell them by the pound, and customers could mix their own.

a mold is an idea - wonder if there is a relatively tidy and easy way to just scatter droplets onto something instead though - keep things simple, ya know? or would they look too sloppy.

Lol, sounds like the kind of mess I get when I haven't made candles for a while, the first time is always the messy time!

I think the mould would be easier.

Another idea is to pour a thin layer of wax in a lined baking tin , turn it out when it's set & just break it into small pieces, it doesn't look quite as neat as dots but it's just as effective & you can mix fragrances easily.

Sally.

a mold is an idea - wonder if there is a relatively tidy and easy way to just scatter droplets onto something instead though - keep things simple, ya know? or would they look too sloppy.

I had an idea to drop hot wax into ice cold water hoping this would make a perfect drop. I have not tried this but in my head it works very well. :)