To all that make goats milk soap...

leisa2003

I wanted to see what your reviews were on goats milk soap. My dr. has told me today to use goats milk soap for my eczema on my hands. I was wondering if you all that make this if you really like the soaps yourselves? Also, Is it plunty safe to use bathing? I have small children, and I'm really cautious on soap safe issues for them.

Thanks for any input on this!!! Leisa

I don't make cp soap, but I do use the m&p goat milk soap. I also buy cp goat milk soap whenever I see it at craft shows and sometimes online. I love it and so does everyone I've introduced it to. I've probably been bathing with gm soap for at least 8 years. I also use the gm lotions and creams.

BTW--I'm in my 50's and have that extreme blonde skin. I also grew up right on the beach, so ya know I got some damage going on from the frying days. My skin feels better now than it did 10 yrs ago.

Yes, I use my goat's milk soap. I use gm for 100% of the water. It's a very gentle, mild soap with a dense, creamy lather (not the huge fluffy bubble type). Very nice soap. I have a lot of customers who swear by that stuff! (Although I do encourage them not to swear, especially in front of the children. :laugh2: )

Edited to add: Yes, I think my goat's milk soap is safe for children. My 2 kids use it all the time. :)

First time I ever tried some lotion was years ago at the Cracker Barrel. They sold it in the gift shop and had some in the restroom. I buy a base from ky that is quite thick and creamy.

I'm quite sure that several of the members here probably sell some on their websites. That way you could try it to see how you like it.

Leisa; all I make is 100% fresh goat's milk soaps and lotions. I started making my own soaps over a year ago because I too had severe eczema on the palms of my hands. It was itchy and scaley, ugleee!

The Dr's prescribed all kinds of ointments and creams, some costing $150.00 for a 3 ounce tube! After using my GM soap and hand cream, my problems were gone in a few months. Now, you can't even see where it used to be on my hands!

Paul...;)

The 'Ole Goat Soaps & Lotions Co.

The Soapmaker Man

Home of the TOG Duel Log/Slab Mold W/Liner System

Thats great to here that your soaps and lotions have been a blessing to you. Mine is like bumps in the palms of my hands itchy and sore. Mine will go aways after a break out of about 2 weeks, and then a month or so its back. Can you explain exactly what type of soap you are making? I have only made one time a batch of M&P glycerin soap. So, I am unaware of the other types.

Thanks Again, Soapman !!! Leisa

Thats great to here that your soaps and lotions have been a blessing to you. Mine is like bumps in the palms of my hands itchy and sore. Mine will go aways after a break out of about 2 weeks, and then a month or so its back. Can you explain exactly what type of soap you are making? I have only made one time a batch of M&P glycerin soap. So, I am unaware of the other types.

Thanks Again, Soapman !!! Leisa

Leisa, I started out making only GM soaps in late October 2005, and never tried anything else! Granted, I have been is several swaps on various forums and can tell you in my opinion that any cp or hp soap is better than the best M&P, but, granted, I am opioniated! LOl

I take a 5% SF discount because the GM adds its own amount of fat and naturly lowers the pH of the soap. I do let all my soaps cure for at least 4 to 5 weeks, to harden up, better bubbles, and last longer for my customers.

I owned a Residential & Comercial Fence Company for almost 20 years, and handled the CCA treated wood used in fencing. The DR's told me that my problem was probably caused because I did not wear gloves and handled many semi-truck loads of CCA treated wood! Once I started making my own goat milk soaps, also recomended by my Dermitologist after the expensive meds did not work, i started noticing a difference in my hands within the first month! I found my nitch, and here I am today still making and selling my GM based soaps and lotions. You must try a good GM CP or HP soap! Feel the difference it makes like I did1

Paul....;) ;)

I dont make soap, yet! Im getting ready to try it out in the next couple of days. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth though. I LOVE my GM soaps I have bought/been given by other soap makers. I enjoy them so much more than the M&P, and out of all the CP soaps I have tries, the GM soaps are my favorite. Very creamy lather, makes my skin grin. I have very crappy skin, and always had some kinda itchy rash going on, but the GM soaps seem to give me the right kind of moisture that keeps my skin clear. It's very mild and gentle, all my kids use it and my youngest has since he was a baby. It's A LOT less irritating than any store brand, that is foe'sho! :D