Craft business management system

I am currently using this program and I love it. One thing that I haven't figured out or maybe it won't do it. When in products and you put in all your components for that particular scent. I have these all figured down to per lb which makes 16 tarts. Now it tells me cause I sell a tart for $1 that I am loosing ruffly $2-3 per lb. But in reality I am selling 16 not 1 so I am making money. It has no where for you to say that X amount of components makes X amount of each. Also if you are making tarts and tealight with a batch it has no way of adding to both inventories.....you have to adjust it manually. Just a few things that can be changed but all in all it is a good program.

Hi,

I did end up buying it too! I love it so far and i had a question for Jason and he emailed me right away!

have you tried doing it by oz? So when you sell a tart you are selling an oz not a lb for a dollar. That is what i did with my products. When i entered in my wax i said that i buy by the case but the units i used where oz. So it is 960 oz per case(16 oz x 60 lbs). So when i made up the componets in my wickless i put that i used 15 oz of wax, 1.8 oz of fo, and one glass jar and it calculates the cost of each.

i hope that makes sense.

(i haven't figued out how i am going to do color cuz how do know how many drops in a little bottle?)

The way they set it up is you enter in how much it would cost per minute. So lets say i am paying someone or myself $8 an hour. That is about .13 a min. So 1.30 per item but there is not anywhere to put if i make they by the batch. So yes i have been putting $.01 per minute (which is .13/10= .01)

do you use this program too?

well as for your color if lets say you have a 4oz bottle that cost X amount. You take and count how many drops are in .1oz then times that amount by 40 (the amount of .1oz in 4oz). Then you take X cost of dye and divide it by X drops in the 4oz bottle. And you now have the cost per drop.

And yes Jason is amazingly quick at returning e-mails, and pretty much any time. I e-mailed him on Saturday night at about midnight my time (which if he is in Burnaby BC where the website says it was 11pm). I had an answer within about 30min.:yay:

That's pretty neat, just downloaded the free trial. Though I'm confused on how you enter inventory. It makes it seem like you just add in one lump sum? Can you do each item in particular? Like how many of each wick etc?

You have to enter the supplies first like you wicks and wax and fo's. Then you create your products from your supplies but telling it how much of each supply you used to make a certain product.

it is cool.

You have to enter the supplies first like you wicks and wax and fo's. Then you create your products from your supplies but telling it how much of each supply you used to make a certain product.

it is cool.

Yes, that's how you do it. I watched the videos on the website to kind of get the feel of how to enter stuff in, it was very helpful and was easy to follow along with.