Yet another melt question

I haven't even started these yet!

I am wondering if it would be ok to pour the melts as a pour off to my container candles? Right now I am using NG 100% soy and 1.5 FO ppo. Is this strong enough for a melt or would I have to make a whole batch of different wax just for my melts? I plan on curing them like I do my candle tins - do you guys find that you get more scent if you cure longer? Would it be wise for me to add another wax to make them harder, or would the soy be fine?

One of these days I will get them done...seems like I have been asking questions about them for months LOL

..I guess this is more than one question isn't it? :undecided

I haven't used NG's soy, but I did make melts with C-3 and no problems. I use the same batch I pour candles from. The added bonus is that I can melt down one of the melts for a candle top repour if necessary and it's already the same color exactly.

My vote is to try it next time you do candles!

-Kristi

For me, it would depend how you plan to package them.

Container soy is awfully soft. I don't see that popping out of any mold! I guess if you used those foil liners they could peel that off.

I offer a wickless melt that is contained in a tin you place on a melter and for that I use my normal container blend. Then I offer wax melts in a break away packaging - for those I use a combination of pillar/container wax so they pop out easily. I do up the scent on the pillar/container blend, as IMHO it needed it.

IMO, container wax is too soft for tarts. Why don't you just take the plunge and make some ... go for it! Here's my recipe:

KY para-soy tart/votive wax (www.kycandlewaxsupply.com)

1.5oz of fo per pound of wax

dye (if desired)

Directions: Heat wax to approx. 165 degrees, add color, add fragrance oil & pour into molds. Pour temp will be 155-160.

It's really not difficult.

Actually the reason I decided to even have them was because there was no added cost involved (except for the containers which wasn't that much at all). I really didn't want to have to spend any money and we were pouring off all the time anyway - little stuff here and there, but I hate wasting it.

Oh well, maybe I won't be doing melts this year lol