My first Shaving Soap batch!

Devil Woman

Hi Everyone,

I decided to make my shaving soaps finally. I made the soap then poured it right into the containers. I filled them a little to much because when I put the lids on they stuck to the soap, but I think they look pretty good for my first try. I scented this batch with a mix of Bendal Bean, Peppermint & Fir and OMG does this smell good!

I also want to share my first & second attempt at Salt Bars. They are both good but the first (smaller bar) I waited way to long to cut and really did a hack job on it. The second one is much better but still need to cut it an hour or two sooner.

Thanks for looking and any advise will be appreciated.

Devil Woman

post-4562-139458416411_thumb.jpg

post-4562-139458416413_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I got these particular bowls in the classifieds but then I also got some from a Coop that was running on this board about a month maybe two ago. They are great. I just poured the soap right into them and it has worked out fine. The only problem I seemed to have was over filling the bowl! Do any of you sell these? If so what do you sell them for?

Thanks for all the kind words.

CareBear how do you use a pringle can for a mold? I am very new to the soap making world.

Thanks again everyone.

Using a Pringles can is real easy - it was one of my first molds! All you do is

1. Eat all the Pringles in a can.

2. Wipe it out with a damp (not wet) paper towel. You don't want it wet inside.

3. Make your CP and bring it to a light-to-medium trace.

4. Pour it into the can.

5. Leave the can standing up somewhere safe. I stand mine inside a big pitcher so that if something happens (soap volcano, tipping) it won't go all over. Set it somewhere relatively warm but DO NOT INSULATE the can with towels or anything or it could overheat and you will discover what alien brain soap is.

6. When the soap is done (I give it 2 days in the can, don't know why), remove the soap from the can. There are techniques for removing it in another post somewhere here, but lately I just cut the top with kitchen shears and peel it off.

7. Slice. Not too thick or you won't have enough room in the bowl for lathering and the top won't go on!

You can also use PVC pipe...