Howdy All!! Brand New and Confused

Arenh

Hi

i'm thinking about starting the hobby of gel candle makeing and was wondering want should i go first. Buy books on it or just wing it myself? what are the quality but reasonable priced supplies i should get? is there a website for many different and exotic fragrances and is it ok to mix them? I've got so many other questions but i'm sure i can look them up in the forums.

Thanks in Advance:D

IMO I would do some research first, whether that be buying or reading books, or investigating the techniques, do's and don'ts on-line. That way you will know a few of the basics before just jumping in, so to speak.

I only use Penreco gel.

There are many places to begin...try a google search....try a search on this forum. Lots of info is posted and printed.

Good luck!

You should do as much research as possible first and then for your first gel candles I suggest you buy a kit to see if you like doing them. To buy everything separate is very expensive. Then if you don't like doing them you have alot of supplies wasted. They have some pretty good kits from Bitter Creek with instructions. You should also read all of the instructions on this site and I would also recomend reading all of the threads posted for gel. Good luck.

Probably the best thing you can do is ...Read..Read..Read....good way to spend your time while waiting for you kit or supplies. At least when it does arrive you will have a basic idea of the do's and don'ts of using gell. No matter how long you have been making candles you can always learn something new from reading.

And this site is sure a good place to start.

Have fun.

Bill

Jacksonville